Google

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Chavez of Arabia

Good look on aljazeera.net at the popularity of Venezuela's Hugo Chavez in the Arab world:
Hugo Chavez, the Venezuelan president, found himself at the centre of Middle Eastern politics when he announced that he was withdrawing his most senior diplomat from Israel, the Venezuelan charge d'affaires in Tel Aviv. Not for something Israel did to his country, but for what it does to Palestinians and Lebanese thousands of miles away.
...Today on many Arabic internet sites one can read comments such as: "I am Palestinian but my president is Chavez, not Abu Mazen." Or: "I don't want to be an Arab. From now on I shall be Venezuelan."
...Would there be a "Chavez of Arabia" just like the legendary "Lawrence of Arabia", the Englishman who won the trust and sympathy of Arabs in the desert when they were under English mandate?

1 Comments:

  • Of course, I am suppose to be interested with Chavez cause his popularity seem to be rising time and again. But what interests me now is the kidnapping of two fox mediamen in gaza. I wanted to know more about it. Don't you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home