Google

Friday, May 26, 2006

New newsroom: Palm Beach

Steve Outing's Stop the Presses column in Editor & Publisher, How to Get Ahead in the New Media Newsroom, Circa 2006, highlights the new media work being done in the Palm Beach Post newsroom, from television and radio contributions, to blogs. Interviewed: former Post library director and AME Mary Kate Leming, who went on to work for Cox and is now the Post's new media coordinator.

Added later: a Post employee takes exception in the comments. See mine. My memory isn't perfect but I am talking about a time in the '80s/ early '90s when Mary Kate was a member of our Florida News Librarians' Association and went on to bigger things. (Regular readers know as a long-time news librarian I occasionally comment on library people and history: inside baseball.)

4 Comments:

  • As the article says, Mary Kate Leming is the Media Editor, not the AME (as you say). There's about four levels of leadership you're jumping there.

    She also does not work for the new media department.

    Read the article.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 AM  

  • I said, she WAS an AME. and she WAS with Cox, although I don't remember the actual job description/department name...this was many years ago.

    By Blogger liz, at 9:25 AM  

  • Right. MKL hired me as an intern at the PB Post when she ran the library there in the mid-1990s. Whatever the title, Mary Kate has leadership qualities in spades.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM  

  • I'm pretty sure I'm right about the AME thing. As I remember, she was the first of any library director I'd heard of to get that title, and we were all quite impressed. Since then I know of several who are AMEs.

    By Blogger liz, at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home