Google

Friday, May 26, 2006

Looking back: additions

Here are a couple of things I should have said about some of the last postings:

I usually try to attribute the source of some of the links I find, but there are days I just don't remember to do it. Of course, most of the links do come from the links in the sidebar, and one link that needs attribution is the one to the LowertheBoom site, which came from Al Tompkins and his Morning Meeting site. Tompkins looks daily for interesting topics for news stories, and that's one he came up with yesterday. The others came from Romenesko and other journalist sites, or from blog/news aggregators like Memeorandum or Metafilter.

Another thing: the New Times story mentions some authors I've done research for, and one that I should have mentioned is Don Bohning, whose book The Castro Obsession came out last spring and is a riveting tale of the behind-the-scenes machinations of the '60s by our government and intelligence agencies to support the anti-Castro movement.

I've heard the book is coming out in paperback next month, so it's a good time to mention it. I was also pleased recently to find it available for reading in Google Books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home