Google

Monday, September 26, 2005

Library Thing:
(Is that anything like 'Wild Thing'?)
At any rate, this gets my vote, aside from any others, for best name of a new service....
Check this one out. Library Thing says it lets you create your own book catalog online (200 books free, or you can get a lifetime membership for $10 with unlimited catalog).
Here's A sample catalog from Library Thing creator Tim Spalding. Note it allows categories, shared listings, and comments. Here's Spalding's profile. It looks a lot like a Wiki. Note it even has comments!
The book information comes from the Library of Congress, but it also searches Amazon.com, too. (Note the Amazon bookmarklet that lets you catalog directly from an Amazon.com search.) There's also a Library Thing blog.
Wouldn't this be great for a small news library? I have never thought of cataloging my personal book library but I am tempted, this is so neat.
(Via Dave Weinberger.)

2 Comments:

  • That's interesting. I may have to take a look at it for my own collection. I wonder if it will handle all the oddball titles on my shelves?

    By Blogger mkhall, at 5:39 PM  

  • Hey,

    Do you love blogging? I think that is an out of point question... If you mind we (me and my brother) need to learn more about affiliate programs...

    If it is not out of point we appreciate if we could read/learn about this programs on this tolerable blog

    A such informative tolerable blog might have what we are looking for too...

    Thank You!
    tolerable blog

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home