Google

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Family reunion:
It's amazing how the Web has enabled the making of communities that would have had a hard time getting organized in times past. I don't know how long this group has been around, but I've run into their forums in the past, and now an email tells me The O'Donovan Clan is having a 'clan gathering' in Boston next month. I know there've been previous reunions, at least one in West Cork, Ireland, current home of the family chief, The O'Donovan, and where most of the clan lived before many emigrated to America. One fun thing I found here: Castledonovan has been taken over by the Irish state and is being saved from deterioration. (I took the photos in August 2001, but the castle's Website disappeared not long after.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home