Google

Monday, May 22, 2006

Blog for work, blog for life

Steve Outing notes that one British journalist blogger, Jemima Kiss (pronounced Kish, she says), has devised a unique way to separate her professional and personal postings on her blog:

It's broken down in two columns, one marked 'journalism', one marked 'life'. Cool idea, and something every blogger could think about. Outing says he doesn't post enough personal news, and this format would allow it. Some bloggers maintain two blogs, such as Derek Willis' The Scoop and Blandiose (and me).

The dual format has been tried before, although most versions I've seen have gone away. One I used to read regularly, but not lately, is Low Culture, which divided the postings into 'light' and 'serious' but seems to have lost the serious side.

All worth thinking about, especially for me now as I try to determine how I'll combine the personal and professional postings I had here before along with the more newsy posts I did on the old Infomaniac blog at MiamiHerald.com, along with the photos and some local news on my Highlands Cam blog.

Oh, and Jemima? She lives in Cornwall. How cool is that?

(More .)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home