Google

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Another Wikipedia post:
In case you missed it, Can you trust Wikipedia? in the Guardian on Monday.
This discussion certainly resonates for news researchers. I'm a big Wikipedia fan but recognize that it is a wonderful guideline for finding where to get factual information, not necessary an ultimate reference.
In this story, Guardian asks experts to review entries on subjects familiar to them. Some are good, some are bad. I like the TS Eliot expert's comment:
The Waste Land is highlighted and when I click on it, a separate entry for the book pops up. There's a Four Quartets bit, too, and all the plays. And when I click on the year 1922, I get a page telling me what else happened that year. Eliot is at the centre of a whole web of other references.

It's purely factual and not in any way analytical, but then that's all you want from this sort of thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home