Google

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Getting it Right
Seems like that's something that's terribly hard for supermarkets to do. I left an area where most of the stores were older and smaller and now live in a place where there's a great shiny chain store, but it's still not a satisfying food shopping experience. I'd rather shop in the large natural food chain stores like Whole Foods, Wild Oats, or Greenlife, but because there aren't any near here I get to do it rarely. So I'm pleased to see this article in Tech Central Station about Wegmans. I've never been a regular Wegmans shopper since I don't live anymore near Rochester, where it's headquartered, but it's the first place I go when I'm visiting. So this article about how DC-area shoppers are driving long distances past all the other chains to shop at Wegmans (the first store there opened last year) makes me happy. I love this store. Even the Wegmans Website is a regular bookmark of mine for the recipes and food descriptions.
If you live near a Wegmans: lucky you! Wish I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home