Google

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Very annoying newspaper web tactic

Hmmm. Just tried to read a Joan Fleischman column in the Miami Herald, and a screen came up asking me to participate in a survey. A readership survey, I thought, so why not answer a few questions?

Turns out the survey was a detailed list of questions about my perception of several 'casual dining' restaurants like Outback and Applebee's. I had absolutely no interest in this, since I never eat in such places.

Why do newspapers allow such things on their websites? I know I had the option to opt out of the survey, but thought it would be useful. I am going back and trying again on Joan's column, but how many readers will just leave the site disgusted?

1 Comments:

  • Might want to think about using a browser that uses a pop-up blocker.

    By Blogger Bill, at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home