Google

Thursday, September 06, 2007

The sad story continues

In Salon, from Sidney Blumenthal: Bush knew Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction.

And, there's word from Iraqi blogger Riverbend, who hasn't been heard from in a long while: she's a refugee in Syria. Leaving Home...
As we crossed the border and saw the last of the Iraqi flags, the tears began again. The car was silent except for the prattling of the driver who was telling us stories of escapades he had while crossing the border. I sneaked a look at my mother sitting beside me and her tears were flowing as well. There was simply nothing to say as we left Iraq. I wanted to sob, but I didn’t want to seem like a baby. I didn’t want the driver to think I was ungrateful for the chance to leave what had become a hellish place over the last four and a half years.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home