Google

Monday, September 24, 2007

Book collections

When it came out, Library Thing got great reviews, and I always figured, someday, I'd try using it to catalogue my home library (and that it would be a great tool for small libraries, like one-person newspaper libraries). I never did, of course.

But since I became an avid reader in my early years I've wanted to keep track of the books I've read, at least. For awhile in my teens I made index cards with book names and dates read.

A couple weeks ago an invitation to join GoodReads.com arrived, from my niece -- so how could I turn it down. I'm not adding previously read books but figured it would be a fun way to keep track of what I'm reading from now on (see widgets at bottom of right-hand sidebar). I like it, although I'm not getting in to reviewing or recommending or adding my favorite books of all time.

Now, just as I'm getting used to GoodReads, here comes Google Books with MyLibrary. How could it be easier?
1. Search Google Book Search for a keyword, title, or author.
2. Click the "Add to my library" link to start building your collection.
I'll stick with GoodReads for now, but nice to know there are so many choices for readers.

1 Comments:

  • I have a lot of my books is that every year I buy a new one. I do not know where to make the books. I read a Tasmina Perry's book.
    http://www.konyv-konyvek.hu/book_images/11a/999640911a.jpg

    By Blogger boros1124, at 3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home