Google

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Where we work:
Is still important. Just in the last two days, I've noticed some interest in seeing where the process happens. John Battelle leads his blog with a picture of his desk. Note you can click on the photo for a larger view. And a very fine desk it is, with huge tree-filled windows in front. I want a space like this.
Mike Wendland posted a photo of his home office the other day, responding to requests.
Why would people be interested? Creative people surround themselves with things they like. Or maybe, it's just that people who spend all day in one place plopped in front of a computer have to have reminders of the outside world around them. At any rate, people stop by my desk at work often to tell me how much they like my work area. It's pretty much a cubicle, but it catches eyes. Wish I worked in a home office with trees, though.....Oh, right, I do have a home office with trees. But the windows in my 1953 hurricane-proof home are not exactly expansive. Can see the mango and grapefruit trees, but not much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home