Google

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Anniversary:
I realized this week that since the Ramble at Fairchild Tropical Garden was this weekend, this blog/Website is 3 years old. I put the site together over a Saturday and part of Sunday, because I was going to be speaking at a journalism class at U. of Miami and wanted to have a list of links to present. I never made it to the Ramble.
(First anniversary archive mention in 2001, look at Nov. 11 entry. Or: Complete page on The Internet Archive.)

But, unfortunately, I have given up on the Ramble, a wonderful event I've attended most of the over 20 years I've been in South Florida. (The photo above was taken at the 1999 Ramble.) Joe and I went to the 2001 Ramble but traffic made it really difficult; I tried to go last year and gave up because of the traffic trying to go in. After waiting forever and feeling very frustrated, I just went home. Unfortunately, it's become a giant event, too big for the people who once loved it. Too bad. (I did visit a week or so later, though, and posted photos on my web site, no longer there. Maybe I'll do that again soon.)

Technically, the original site wasn't a Weblog, but I called it that because I updated it regularly (usually weekly) with new links. And interestingly, I've discovered that even though the original address at home.infi.net/~edonovan has been discontinued by Earthlink, I am still finding links to those old addresses (e.g. via Google, and that photo, above) working! What's up with that? I may have to go back to the old address, it was LOTS more stable than the new one (edonovan.home.infionline.net). Just as I posted this I discovered the photo in upper left corner is --again-- a dead link. But not the two-year-old archive photo.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home