Google

Thursday, April 19, 2007

These made me smile today

Finally, someone has exposed the fast food lie -- well, one of them. Check out these pictures comparing the food depicted in the ads to the real stuff. Great idea, and so obvious. You know that stuff never looks so good. (via Boing Boing)

We seem to elect Congressmen with great names around here. Heath Shuler is ours. But the best name is the one from the district just east (oops, that's WEST) of us. I'll let The Guardian's Newsblog say it:
Republican congressmen are coming out in support of [Fred Thompson for president], including the exotically-named Zach Wamp, who declares that a Thompson candidacy is now a matter of when, not if.

Wamp will probably be running for governor of Tennessee in a few years. (His name always makes me think of the young Luke Skywalker....)

1 Comments:

  • Hi Liz!

    Kottke linked to those fast food pictures too. I think the food prep that goes into the commercial photos is pretty interesting stuff (and full of fakery), but give me a break -- the biggest difference I see is that the "real" pictures are not in focus!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home